A Moment of Jen
THE NEXT BEST THING — In Stores July 3rd!



Tuesday, April 09, 2002
posted by Jen at 4/09/2002 08:53:00 PM

I'm in Texas!

And I'm in another giant suite! With two bathrooms! And the management just sent up cheese and fruit with a note saying that they've had a long and honorable tradition of hosting authors when they visit Dallas, and that they hope I won't besmirch it with my antics, and my smutty title. Or words to that effect. "Boy, you must be a VIP," said the bellman, pulling my luggage into the huge closet, with a giant tuffet-thing in the middle, in case, I suppose, I get exhausted trying to pick out what to wear and need somewhere convenient to swoon.

Of course, this was after the staff at the front desk giggled over my book title, cooed over the cover, then studied the author photo carefully, looking from the book jacket to my face and then back again. "Well, you've been travelling," one of them said. Hey!

So Cleveland turned out to be pretty cool. Those morning guys I was worried about? Couldn't have been nicer. "Don't be so hard on yourself," the much-feared John Lanigan actually said at one point when I was unfolding one or another of my myriad insecurities. And even though my afternoon TV appearance on 15 Minutes with Fred turned out to be 15 Minutes with Joe (because Fred's on vacation, the lucky bastard), that went well, too.

"How does it feel to write a best-seller?" he asked. And I'm sure I managed to say something, but the truth is that I don't even have words for how totally amazing this whole experience feels right now, what with the great sales, and the wonderful emails (and I do read all of my emails, by the way, even though it's hard to reply to them right now because my internet connections are woefully slow). There's nothing to say about this that isn't a cliche, but it truly is a dream come true. And I don't think I'll ever get over the thrill of walking into a bookstore and seeing something I wrote. With naked legs and cheesecake on it. Life is so good. Thanks to everyone who's read the book, and who's reading this, and took the time to tell me they were amused, or touched, or laughing, or crying. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

So after TV I did drop-ins, and then I went to the Cleveland airport and signed a whole cartload of books at the bookstore there. So if you're going to be flying to or through Cleveland, and you want a signed copy, they got 'em. I even drew little airplanes on a few. Well, they're supposed to be little airplanes. I'm not much with the drawing.

Okay. Am going to find dinner, then work on IN HER SHOES. If you live in Dallas, you can catch me live on "DFW Today" tomorrow at 10:40 in the morning. And I'll see all of y'all in at the Waldenbooks at the Northeast Mall in Hurst tomorrow night!
| #



Welcome to A Moment of Jen, author Jennifer Weiner's constantly-updated take on books, baby, and news of the world. Email me at jen (a) jenniferweiner.com.

JenniferWeiner.com
Facebook
Follow me on Twitter

To order Then Came You, click on the cover




To order Fly Away Home, click on the cover




To order Best Friends Forever, click on the cover




To order Certain Girls, click on the cover




To order The Guy Not Taken, click on the cover




To order Goodnight Nobody, click on the cover:



To order Little Earthquakes, click on the cover:



To order In Her Shoes, click on the cover:



To order Good In Bed, click on the cover:



My bio
JenniferWeiner.com
Advice For Aspiring Writers

This weblog is now syndicated via this link.

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]



Jen International

Goodnight Nobody - Norway


Little Earthquakes - Norway


The Guy Not Taken - UK


Good In Bed - Japan


Good In Bed - Dutch


The Guy Not Taken (Dutch)


Goodnight, London!


Goodnight, Amsterdam!


Petit Earthquakes!


Little Earthquakes Japan


IHS Japan


GIB Norway


IHS Norway


Chaussure à son pied


Little Aardschocken


In Her Shoes - Polish


En sus Zapatos


Bueno en la Cama!


Little Earthquakes - Germany


In Her Shoes - Germany


In Her Shoes - UK


In Her Shoes - Italian


In Her Shoes - Dutch


GIB in Finnish


GIB in French


Germans love Hasselhoff and GIB:


Cannie hits Japan!:


NEW - Little Earthquakes Sweden


Cannie goes Swedish!


Cannie hits Rio!


Cannie Goes Dutch:


Polish:


Jen's Favorite Links:

All in the Family:

Throwing Things
Joe Weiner
BenderSpink

News and Media:
MediaNews
Television Without Pity

LitLife:
Moby Lives
Publisher's Weekly
Booksense
Old Hag
Beatrice
Sarah Weinman
Galley Cat
Southern Comfort

Baby Mama:
Bad Mother
Parsley


Snarkspot archives:




Powered by Blogger



Copyright 2002-2008, Jennifer Weiner

Listed on BlogShares