A Moment of Jen
THE NEXT BEST THING — In Stores July 3rd!



Friday, April 04, 2003
posted by Jen at 4/04/2003 12:21:00 PM

A reader writes: You haven't posted in a while. Did you have the baby?

No, I didn't have the baby. Yes, we have no babies (to be sung to the tune of "Yes, We Have no Bananas.") We got nothing, except annoying Braxton-Hicks contractions in the middle of the night, every night. "Nothing doing," says the doctor cheerfully. And my doula's out of town. "So I should just call your backup if something happens?" I asked. She smiled at me indulgently. "You can call," she said, "but nothing's going to happen."

I did a reading at a Jewish Community Center in New Jersey last Wednesday -- my last pre-baby appearance, I think, and a good thing, too, because I'm having the baby breathlessness, where your diaphragm gets squeezed and it's hard to take a deep breath (and hence, hard to do any kind of extended public speaking). I was signing books after when a woman came up. "I'm a nurse, and I was keeping an eye on you," she said. "In case anything happened."

"Do you think anything's going to happen?" I asked eagerly.

"Nah," she said. "That baby's still way too high."

So that's the consensus. Nothing's happening. Nothing's going to happen. Possibly ever. At least not any time soon.

Which is okay insofar as I still have lots of work to do on Book Three. The problem is, I'm not very interested in doing it. I can see why this is the time lots of women leave their jobs. It's not that you're physically incapable of working, it's just that it's hard to focus on anything but the Impending Arrival.

Also -- thanks to everyone who wrote to tell me about the mesh lingerie bag that will prevent me from losing baby socks. I'd never even heard of such a thing. Then again, I was raised by wolves.
| #



Welcome to A Moment of Jen, author Jennifer Weiner's constantly-updated take on books, baby, and news of the world. Email me at jen (a) jenniferweiner.com.

JenniferWeiner.com
Facebook
Follow me on Twitter

To order Then Came You, click on the cover




To order Fly Away Home, click on the cover




To order Best Friends Forever, click on the cover




To order Certain Girls, click on the cover




To order The Guy Not Taken, click on the cover




To order Goodnight Nobody, click on the cover:



To order Little Earthquakes, click on the cover:



To order In Her Shoes, click on the cover:



To order Good In Bed, click on the cover:



My bio
JenniferWeiner.com
Advice For Aspiring Writers

This weblog is now syndicated via this link.

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]



Jen International

Goodnight Nobody - Norway


Little Earthquakes - Norway


The Guy Not Taken - UK


Good In Bed - Japan


Good In Bed - Dutch


The Guy Not Taken (Dutch)


Goodnight, London!


Goodnight, Amsterdam!


Petit Earthquakes!


Little Earthquakes Japan


IHS Japan


GIB Norway


IHS Norway


Chaussure à son pied


Little Aardschocken


In Her Shoes - Polish


En sus Zapatos


Bueno en la Cama!


Little Earthquakes - Germany


In Her Shoes - Germany


In Her Shoes - UK


In Her Shoes - Italian


In Her Shoes - Dutch


GIB in Finnish


GIB in French


Germans love Hasselhoff and GIB:


Cannie hits Japan!:


NEW - Little Earthquakes Sweden


Cannie goes Swedish!


Cannie hits Rio!


Cannie Goes Dutch:


Polish:


Jen's Favorite Links:

All in the Family:

Throwing Things
Joe Weiner
BenderSpink

News and Media:
MediaNews
Television Without Pity

LitLife:
Moby Lives
Publisher's Weekly
Booksense
Old Hag
Beatrice
Sarah Weinman
Galley Cat
Southern Comfort

Baby Mama:
Bad Mother
Parsley


Snarkspot archives:




Powered by Blogger



Copyright 2002-2008, Jennifer Weiner

Listed on BlogShares