A Moment of Jen
THE NEXT BEST THING — In Stores July 3rd!



Friday, May 07, 2004
posted by Jen at 5/07/2004 07:29:00 PM

We're now T minus 21 hours away from Lu's Grand Birthday Bash.

The cake has been ordered. The pink lemonade has been secured. Impatiens and petunias have bene planted. Pink plates and napkins have been purchased (and that wasn't easy, as most of the little-girl-birthday paraphernalia has been branded with either Barbie, SpongeBob, and Lilo and/or Stitch).

Last but not least, Lucy's present has been purchased and assembled.

I went back and forth on the whole present thing. People would ask, "Ooh, what are you getting her?" My feeling was, look, I gave her life, for starters, and a year's worth of mostly adequate care, except for that one time she fell off the bed, so I really don't think I also have to cough up something from Fisher-Price, too. Especially since I dropped way more than I meant to on Lucy's sassy birthday ensemble.

I should just not be allowed into those chichi baby boutiques. Not only did I get suckered into the little strawberry-print dress ("It's vintage!" the salesgirl kept saying. "It's too much money!" I refrained from saying back), I also wound up leaving with the coordinating strawberry sweater, so-cute strawberry barrette and the Petite Bateau ruffled diaper cover.

Twenty-one dollars for a diaper cover.

I am so ashamed.

And then I started feeling guilty for not having a present. So, long story short, I went to Target (where they have everything), and got this. And Jamie, greatest nanny ever, put it together, because Lord knows that would have been beyond me.

Shh, don't tell Lucy what she's getting!
| #



Welcome to A Moment of Jen, author Jennifer Weiner's constantly-updated take on books, baby, and news of the world. Email me at jen (a) jenniferweiner.com.

JenniferWeiner.com
Facebook
Follow me on Twitter

To order Then Came You, click on the cover




To order Fly Away Home, click on the cover




To order Best Friends Forever, click on the cover




To order Certain Girls, click on the cover




To order The Guy Not Taken, click on the cover




To order Goodnight Nobody, click on the cover:



To order Little Earthquakes, click on the cover:



To order In Her Shoes, click on the cover:



To order Good In Bed, click on the cover:



My bio
JenniferWeiner.com
Advice For Aspiring Writers

This weblog is now syndicated via this link.

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]



Jen International

Goodnight Nobody - Norway


Little Earthquakes - Norway


The Guy Not Taken - UK


Good In Bed - Japan


Good In Bed - Dutch


The Guy Not Taken (Dutch)


Goodnight, London!


Goodnight, Amsterdam!


Petit Earthquakes!


Little Earthquakes Japan


IHS Japan


GIB Norway


IHS Norway


Chaussure à son pied


Little Aardschocken


In Her Shoes - Polish


En sus Zapatos


Bueno en la Cama!


Little Earthquakes - Germany


In Her Shoes - Germany


In Her Shoes - UK


In Her Shoes - Italian


In Her Shoes - Dutch


GIB in Finnish


GIB in French


Germans love Hasselhoff and GIB:


Cannie hits Japan!:


NEW - Little Earthquakes Sweden


Cannie goes Swedish!


Cannie hits Rio!


Cannie Goes Dutch:


Polish:


Jen's Favorite Links:

All in the Family:

Throwing Things
Joe Weiner
BenderSpink

News and Media:
MediaNews
Television Without Pity

LitLife:
Moby Lives
Publisher's Weekly
Booksense
Old Hag
Beatrice
Sarah Weinman
Galley Cat
Southern Comfort

Baby Mama:
Bad Mother
Parsley


Snarkspot archives:




Powered by Blogger



Copyright 2002-2008, Jennifer Weiner

Listed on BlogShares